Thursday, February 14, 2019

Five Strong Women by Richard Harries (JR133RH01)






Five Strong Women by Richard Harries (JR133RH01)
My poem that celebrated International Women's Day,
FIVE STRONG WOMEN: A true story of how I was helped in a devastating time of need.


Text: Five Strong Women
This poem is about five strong women who were in my life when I needed them:
 

I was left without a mother
When that happened I found strength, hope, love, live from five amazing women
They each stood up to be counted and helped and carried me on my way    ,
They chose to do this
My life became deeper, richer, vibrant, bearable : because of these  women, who chose to love me and  to help me and to  support me and  to advice
All in so many different ways
They travelled to see me, wrote, talked to me, baked cakes, and several homes, gave me shelter, and planned with me and loved me
I will not tell each of their stories, they are all gone
brief for un-mourned but I loved them
Three, four and more
But I loved them and amazingly they loved me
But with that my gratitude and love eternal will be;
 Bless them
You can of course hear and watch Richard recite this at:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment